Skip to main content

If you ask me whether I Love Books or not, I'll say YES!

Hi everyone!
How's your life today? May Allah always gives us His protection and guidance in every single step we take, Aamiin..
Huft, I can't believe that it's been the end of July. It was like yesterday I went home to Pasuruan. And now I've come back to Surabaya again to have a TOEFL Test for the requirement of research laboratory registration for my final project in my last year at university. 

But fortunatelly, I could have an escape for a while yesterday haha. Yap, I often go to bookstore when I feel bored, lonely, 'saturated', or even empty. Although I only read a book or even just see some new release books and finally I don't buy any book (please don't imitate my bad habit hehe), I'll feel more relief, so much better. Maybe I can say that the smell of bookstore always makes me forever addicted. Some people says that "I have always imagined that paradise will be kind of a library", and I did agree with that if my campus library was like my favorite bookstore that also provides numerous non-academic books, so I prefer to replace the 'library' with 'bookstore'.

I love books, especially novels and also some motivational or inspiratinal books. I like reading books that has a plot. But some books that is like, uhm what can I say, maybe 'act like teacher', really destruct my mood. I do still remember that I've started to read novel since I was in the 2nd grade of basic school with Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. But I've read frequently since I was in senior high school, because there wasn't any bookstore that sells complete books in my hometown. So, when I met my senior high friends in Surabaya that also love reading books, had so many interesting novels and other books, and often went to bookstore, I felt like I found a treasure haha.

source: quotesgram.com

"The book to read is not the one that thinks for you but the one which makes you think".
Well, that quote by Harper Lee is really true. I think I've slowly become different after I read books. I mean, my mind are turn to what've been written and implied in the book. You also feel the same, right? You know, I used to avoid my bad friends (I mean, such as my naughty friends, the smoker ones, and the others), till I didn't want to stay close and even talk to them. Then I've read more than 3 novels, as I remembered, and they all have given me 'a hard slap'. They were implied that basically, everyone is good, everyone is kind. What make them look different are just their circles, their surroundings condition, and their choices to undergo their life. We can remind them, give some advices, but we have no right to interefere their life choices, right? So, since then, I tried to change my habit. I tried to accept them as my friends, as I did to my other friends. And you know, it was very nice to be like that. I could know deeper about their actual life and why they choosed those ways, I really could learn a lot from them.

Well, it's just one of my minds that slowly have changed to be Insya Allah better. Many thanks to Allah for reminding me, for making me think again and again through the books I read. I wish He would always guide me, and also all of us, to His right ways, not only through books, but also through everything He desired, Aamiin :)


Keep reading books, educating, and inspiring ^^
ZIR

Comments